News:

Welcome to the Music and Media Forum!

Main Menu

About this forum

Started by jeff, September 18, 2009, 07:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6strings

Mike

Anything worth doing is worth doing badly.  (G. K. Chesterton)

Coop

Well, look who the cat dragged in?

If it ain't me.... :P

jeff

"I felt like Shaq at the free throw line"

wogg

Well I'll be... I just stumbled across a link in the L6 forum.  Hope you don't mind me crashing, I don't have enough time to cause trouble anyway.

Where's the keg?
I had to steal time to type this...

MrMenace

Quote from: wogg on October 05, 2009, 02:56:20 PM
Well I'll be... I just stumbled across a link in the L6 forum.  Hope you don't mind me crashing, I don't have enough time to cause trouble anyway.

Where's the keg?

It's at Cass' house, but he drank it all. Paul drove him to drink mastering their last album.  :P

Dennis

jamester

Welcome to Pilfa Mark, Wogg and Dave. :-)

Did Dave Cooper have a different name on the former forum??

steverispin

Ahhh.... home..... ;D

Hello all! I missed you!

Don't get on with L6 at all.

I've just been on tour with KajaGooGoo, so I missed all the fun - Thanks to Jeff M for making this happen.

All the  best

Steve

pilfa

Where was it kajagogoo played around here... it was definetly some place real sh.tty that i was suprised they would have to play....

Not sure the full story but my drummer in isabelle was the original drummer for that band...dont know the full story as to why he left - wasn't talent related is all i know.

Paul

SBM

Here's a MonJour tidbit.  Had our fretless bass player play the bass hook to replace the original synth because it sounded too much like "Too Shy".   ;)

Sonic

Quote from: SBM on October 06, 2009, 02:08:11 PM
Here's a MonJour tidbit.  Had our fretless bass player play the bass hook to replace the original synth because it sounded too much like "Too Shy".   ;)
Seriously? Eye to eye?
"Timmy? Are you awake?" "Er...."

SBM

Quote from: Sonic on October 06, 2009, 02:14:02 PM
Quote from: SBM on October 06, 2009, 02:08:11 PM
Seriously? Eye to eye?

"Try a little harder"

steverispin

Ha!  ;D thought that'd elicit a few comments!

Pilfa:
"The Goo" played Aylesbury market square a couple of months back, with a dire PA. Dunno about any others.
Doing the Stables in Wavendon, 16th December.

re: drummer, - They were originally called Art Nouveaux - maybe something to do with that, as Jez Strode was in at the start of Kaj, I think. Doesn't Beggs live near you? Plantation Rd?

Paul:
Yeah, yeah. under a bushel, me!  :)  Move a little Closer!

Seriously though, it's been an interesting tour. All the original fans are now 40ish, freshly divorced and going for it, and I don't know where to look sometimes. The band are very tight, and deserve bigger audiences than we had - about 700 in London.
I notice everyone still remembers it, after 27 years....

Great fun!

Steve

Sonic

Quote from: steverispin on October 06, 2009, 04:27:36 PM
Ha!  ;D thought that'd elicit a few comments!

Pilfa:
"The Goo" played Aylesbury market square a couple of months back, with a dire PA. Dunno about any others.
Doing the Stables in Wavendon, 16th December.

re: drummer, - They were originally called Art Nouveaux - maybe something to do with that, as Jez Strode was in at the start of Kaj, I think. Doesn't Beggs live near you? Plantation Rd?

Paul:
Yeah, yeah. under a bushel, me!  :)  Move a little Closer!

Seriously though, it's been an interesting tour. All the original fans are now 40ish, freshly divorced and going for it, and I don't know where to look sometimes. The band are very tight, and deserve bigger audiences than we had - about 700 in London.
I notice everyone still remembers it, after 27 years....

Great fun!

Steve
VERY cool, Steve!
"Timmy? Are you awake?" "Er...."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk